About the Recipe
Senior Vice-President Stuart McCarthy loves making these cookies because he loves saying "Snickerdoodles"!
For the Cookies
1 cup butter room temperature, 226g
½ cup granulated sugar 100g
¾ cup light brown sugar 150g
1 egg room temperature
1 egg yolk room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda 5mL
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
¾ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ¾ cup flour 330g
For the Cinnamon Sugar
¼ cup sugar 50 g
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Whisk the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
2. Cream the butter in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs on at a time while mixing on low. Scrape the bowl down and mix in the vanilla
4. Add the flour mixture to the batter and beat on low until just combined. Scrape the down down and fold in any remaining flour.
5. In a medium bowl mix sugar and cinnamon together for rolling.
6. Use a medium ice cream scooper or tablespoon to portion out the cookie dough. You'll want enough to roll balls that are 1.5-2 inches wide.
7. Roll the dough in the palms of your clean hands then roll in cinnamon sugar.
8. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 375F until puffed and just golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely