18 to 23 minutes
2 dozen cookies
About the Recipe
Consultant Cameron Holmstrom chose this because these are one of his favourite holiday treats, one that his mom always made at this time of year.
2 cups (256 g) all-purpose flour
1 cup (115 g) powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup (227 g) unsalted butter, room temp and cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Place flour, powdered sugar, salt and butter into food processor. Process for 30 to 60 seconds. Stop mixing when the mixture forms into one ball
3. Lightly knead dough and form into a square shape. Continue to knead dough until it makes a cohesive dough
4. Chill the dough in the fridge for 10 to 20 minutes until it’s cool but still pliable
5. Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to a quarter to a half inch thickness. Then cut into shapes as preferred.
6. Place the cookies onto the parchment papered baking sheets and place in the freezer for 15 minutes (or until solid to the touch).
7. Place the cookies in the oven for 18 to 23 minutes