MILK CHOCOLATE MAPLE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES
About the Recipe
Refrigerator cookies have long been a tradition in the Howes family. It wouldn’t be Christmas without them! Our family has recently found a recipe that is a fun and delicious twist on those original glazed fruit cookies, Milk Chocolate Maple Macadamia Nut Cookies from the Lindt Chocolate website. They have quickly become a favourite for the holidays.
2/3 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
¾ cup butter
1 egg, beaten
2.5 cups of flour
¼ cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
2 ounces of Lindt CLASSIC RECIPE milk chocolate, chopped
1. Combine the sugar, maple syrup, and butter and beat until creamy.
2. Add the egg.
3. Add the flour.
4. Add the nuts and chocolate.
5. Separate the dough into two portions and toll into 2 “logs.” Use a little flour if necessary.
6. Wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
7. Preheat oven to 350°F
8. Cut dough into approximately ¼ inch slices and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the cookies just begin to turn golden brown.
Pro Tip: This dough freezes well. Make a double batch and freeze one of two logs for cookie emergencies!