FROSTED SUGAR COOKIE
About the Recipe
This is a traditional recipe that our office manager Cathy Casey loves making every year.
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs , room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Cream together the shortening and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, blend well.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly blend dry mix into wet until a dough forms. Do not overmix.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to 24 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F. Use an insulated baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. On a liberally floured surface, roll out cookie dough. Cut out desired shapes. Transfer cut-outs to a cookie sheet. Continue until sheet is full.
6. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until right before edges brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.